Sunday, August 4, 2013

Book I am reading now...

This is one book that was in Oprah's Book Club and received great reviews...we'll see how I feel through my eyes. 

On an icy winter night in an isolated house in rural Vermont, a seasoned midwife named Sibyl Danforth takes desperate measures to save a baby's life.  She performs an emergency c-section on a mother she believes has died of stroke.  But what if Sibyl's patient wasn't dead--and Sibyl inadvertently killed her?
As Sibyl faces and antagonism of the law, the hostility of traditional doctors, and accusations of her own conscience, Midwives engages, moves, and transfixes us as only the very best novels ever do.

Hopefully, I'll get it read one day this week. Stay tuned....

Saturday August 10, 2013
I have finally finished the book. 
The book started off and I thought I'm going to enjoy this...but then it took a nose dive. In my eyes there was too much rambling about Connie's infatuation with Tom. Who cares!?
Just keep to the event and courtroom trial.  I skimmed a lot of pages as I couldn't stand reading it. Needless to say I hated the book. No more Oprah BookClub books for me if this is a representation of a "great book"!  
On a scale of 1-5; 1 hated it 3 so-so 5 loved it, I give this book a 1.

5 comments:

  1. Another interesting choice book to read this month. Or I guess that was this week. I should finish the book I started yesterday, today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished and left the review above. Now I have to decide my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI...I never read any books that OW promotes. Sorry OW, but that is just the way I roll...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMA JILL....WHERE ARE YOU? I'M MISSING YOU...HAVE YOU GIVEN UP READING?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been reading lately.. 😔 but I'll get back to it soon, hopefully. 😀

    ReplyDelete